Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cookies for doggies!


 
My mom made these for me and I love them so much that I wanted to share them in case your people might be interested in making them for you. And then you can invite me over for a taste. Woof!
 
Dog cookie recipe:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup reg flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup quick oats
1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbs veg oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup skim milk
2 Tbs cold water
 
Combine flour, cornmeal, oats and garlic powder.
In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs, molasses, milk and water.
Make a well in the flour mixture and gradually stir in egg mixture until well blended.
Divide dough into 2 so it is easier to work with.
Roll into 1/2" thick with rolling pin.
Cut with cookie cutter and place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Bake at 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn oven off and leave biscuits in oven to harden for 1 hour.
Cool and store at room temp.

1 comment:

  1. Zig, you a very lucky dog. Maybe if my mom made cookies for me I wouldn't have to forage in the trash all the time and beg at the table.

    ReplyDelete